Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why do I want to Homeschool My Kids?

I have tons of reasons why I want to homeschool.

1. I want to raise my kids in the Lord and to have a Biblical based education.

2. Bad influences. Yes, they can be anywhere not just school but since they would be at school majority of the day then a lot of unwanted views and attitudes would be rubbed off on them. I don't know what other kids are learning in their own homes and certainly don't want them teaching or telling my kids about certain things too early.

3. Drugs....yes.....In my town a few elementary kids have been caught with marijuana in these last few school years. 7, 8 and 9 year old kids with drugs.

4. Kids can't be kids anymore. If they are running around horse playing and goofing off. People all of a sudden want to diagnose boys with ADHD and give put them on meds.

5.  All of our kids don't learn the same way, so they shouldn't be taught the same way. What works for one kid, might make another kid fail miserably. I as a parent know what is the best way to teach my kids.

6. Teachers sometimes let their personal views and opinions affect the way they teach and determine what they teach about. I don't want my kids believing there was a Big Bang and that we evolved from apes. When I was a kid I remember my teacher telling me this. I told him about God and that it wasn't true. He told me to look at the pictures and there is evidence and there was no God. It was all lies. I went home telling my dad that we evolved and about the Big Bang. He told me that it wasn't true...I didn't believe my dad...who knew better, a teacher or my dad? Yup the teacher! So for years I thought those text books and that teacher was right.

7. Keeping them pure, minds and body. Kissing... etc. Kids are doing that, yes in Elementary school.

8. Ratio. 25-30 kids to 1 teacher. My children need more one on one time and need to be watched more carefully.

9. Sick days and Dr appointments and breaks. Sometimes kids are sick and sometimes they are sick more than one day. Now you need a Drs note for everything and if not you can get in trouble for keeping your child home. Also, kids need breaks. 5 days a week 7-8 hours a day in school is too much I think for a child. You can't just pull them out for a break day without risking getting thrown in jail!

10. I love and care more about my kids and their education than any teacher could.

11. My number 1 reason is that I feel God has called me to homeschool my children.

.Scriptures for Homeschooling


          *Isaiah 54:13

All your children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children.
*Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. 
*Psalm 78:4
We will not hide them from their children, Telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.
*Hebrews 12:9
Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 
*1 Timothy 3:4
... one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence ... 
*Ephesians 6:4
And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.
*Proverbs 3:1
My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commands.
*Deuteronomy 6:6-7
"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 
*Proverbs 1:8
My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother. 
*Proverbs 13:20
He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed. 


Mrs GAL

No comments:

Post a Comment